Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sorry its been so long...

... since I posted- its hard trying to keep up with blogging, facebooking, madeiting, websiting and, well, living! I have 5 weeks to go until out 3rd baby is due so it has been all a crazy couple of weeks (with more to come I am SURE!).


We have just had a party extravaganza weekend with Molly's 3rd birthday on the Saturday and then her party on the Sunday. Molly has been talking about having a pony party since Ned's party back in July last year. She never swayed from the theme in that time, so collecting little bits and pieces for the party has been going on for months!

I wanted to create a vintage/cowgirl-feel to the desesrt table and selected foods that fit the theme.
They included rustic apple and rhubarb and pear pies...

... peanut butter cups (Molly is peanut butter MAD!)...
the recipe can be found here
I cheated on the ginger kisses and donuts and bought them...


the chocolate bars were wrapped in printables from the Hobby Horse Party Printable Pack (available soon)...
... the sultana and oat cookies were fun to make with the kids and tasted great too...

grab the recipe from here.

The scrumptions cupcakes were from Lulu's Cupcakes- they always look too good to eat!!! (but taste delicious :) )

Alexis matched the colours in my fabric choices perfectly- I was so happy with them.

Then there was the cake!!! Mum baked the 3 layered cake for me and dad lovingly iced it- they kind of work in a tag-team and are the unofficial birthday cake makers in the family! We gave Molly the horse figurine for her birthday and I made the bunting on top- overall I was so terribly happy with it- exactly like what Molly and I wanted :)

Overall I was deleriously happy with how it all turned out- could not be happier.
Tomorrow I will do a post on all of the DIY elements to the party - so easy and so effective.

Rebecca
ox

1 comment:

  1. I just adore everything about this. And is that a ribbon/fabric backdrop?! So awesome! The cake and pies are so gorgeous and rustic (well, the pies are!) and fab.

    ReplyDelete