Monday, January 30, 2012

Practicing Handwriting

With all the back to school excitement, the kids are right into the idea of homework (well, this week anyway!) so I'm embracing this enthusiasm and have been searching for some cool websites with worksheets that will suit both of their ages (5 and just about 4).


This site proved to be fabulous! You can enter the text you want and it makes your words into tracing dashes, puts them on writing lines and also includes starting point dots. It's brilliant and there are lots of variables you can play around with like single words, sentences, sizes, cursive fonts and prompt arrows.

I had Molly practice her full name

and Ned asked me to type in "Fred is a lovely cat"

It certainly made for a cool activity that they loved, and asked to do again tonight.

I promise my next post will be nothing to do with education, and be far more pretty to look at :)

Rebecca ox

No comments:

Post a Comment