Friday, June 12, 2009

Zucchini cake + carrot cake = zucchini and carrot muffins

A day in the kitchen today to keep the troops occupied while its raining outside. I am not complaining!
We attempted to combine 2 cake recipes and then make muffins out of them instead. I *think* it worked (as I eat my 4th for the day).

Zucchini and Carrot Muffins
(makes about 24)

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups grated grated zucchini (lightly packed)
1 cup grated carrot (lightly packed)
2 cups crushed pineapple
1/2 cup almond meal
Icing sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
Fold in zucchini, carrot, pineapple and almond meal.
Grease 2 large muffin trays and spoon in mixture, about 2/3 full.
Bake for around 15 minutes, checking regularly. Muffins are cooked when loely and brown.
Allow to cool slightly, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Dust with icing sugar.
These muffins keep well for 4-5 days in an airtight container.









Rebecca ox

3 comments:

  1. Yummmmm! I think I will try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definately give these a go! Thank you! I'll let you know if DS1 devours them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made them! They're delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete